[RPZ] R: Bind, rpz and views

Marc Evans marc.evans at umbradata.com
Mon Dec 19 11:49:54 UTC 2011

Hello Francesco,

I believe that what Vernon is suggesting is the best approach, e.g. when
the number of users is greater than the number of combinations of
policy files used by the users, define 1 view per combination and then
have the users be associated with the view that meets the user criteria.
For example, say there are 3 files (A,B,C) and 8 users as shown here:

1: A
2: A,B
3: A,B,C
4: A,B
5: A,B,C
6: B,C
7: B,C
8: A

That would reduce down to 4 views:

V1: A
V2: A,B
V3: A,B,C
V4: B,C

which would mean that 8 file loads would occur. As the number of users
increases the overlap of the number of users sharing a view will
improve, thereby sharing resources more effectively.

- Marc