[RPZ] RPZ implemention document for BIND

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Wed Oct 26 23:21:11 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 26 October 2011 07:23, babu dheen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Please help me to implement RPZ in BIND .. If you have any document,
> will be happy.

You will need version 9.8.1 of BIND, latest is the best. I'd suggest untarring
in /usr/src/bind<whatever version>. Should be a straight configure.. make..
make install. Executables should end up in /usr/local/sbin/. You might need
to run ldconfig after the install (or else reboot).

If you configure with --with-openssl you will need the openssl developer
package (for the headers). I also compiled --with-libtool.

Unbuntu wants to do its own thing with config file locations and the like,
RHEL may do the same. I would strongly recommend *NOT* installing the distro
version of BIND and then attempting to build the ISC release on top of that.
The default locations that BIND chooses will work fine; you will have to
tinbash an init script.

Your request isn't very specific in terms of what help you need...

--

Fred Morris