[DNSfirewalls] Extended information for names in an RPZ

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Fri Aug 9 03:25:27 UTC 2013

At Internet Identity we've created a companion zone for a subset of what we
publish that contains TXT records containing JSON blobs that contain
additional descriptive information. There's no particular rhyme or reason
to the tags in the blob, other than that they're what we publish in the flat
files for the same hosts.

I wondered if anyone else had thought along the same lines.

--

Fred Morris

--

m3047 at athena:/etc/namedb> dig @xx.xx.xx.xx PAJPAL.UCOZ.AE.active.classes.xxxx.net txt

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2-P1 <<>> @xx.xx.xx.xx PAJPAL.UCOZ.AE.active.classes.xxxx.net txt
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;PAJPAL.UCOZ.AE.active.classes.xxxx.net. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
PAJPAL.UCOZ.AE.active.classes.xxxx.net. 900 IN TXT "{\"class_name\":\"Phishing\",\"property\":\"Phishing\"}"

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
active.classes.xxxx.net. 900  IN      NS      LOCALHOST.

;; Query time: 46 msec
;; SERVER: 66.150.9.170#53(xx.xx.xx.xx)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug  8 20:21:42 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 152