[RPZ] Promoting RPZ: feedback (Day 1)
hugonautical at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:43:48 UTC 2013
Vernon's suggestion of a link to the list archives from dnsrpz.info is
implemented (obviously a good idea and trivial to implement).
Joe St Sauver's extended list of suggestions was wonderful. They have been
incorporated into the roadmap doc (
Included ideas are:
* naming (DNS Firewall is not bad; can we do better?)
* targeted communication (talk to the security people, not the DNS/network
* testimonials (we need more than one!)
* continuously available public data (data drives uptake, not technology)
* filter control / collateral damage (how to 'whitelist' easily)
@Joe; if I have missed any key points, or misrepresented any, please let me
I am already working on two of those (testimonials, whitelisting), and its
great to have them listed in the roadmap along with the others.
Fantastic response in < 24 hours.
We have had no "that's a dumb idea" yet. Please do shoot down any silly
Please continue to provide other good ideas.
I will update the document, and continue to provide feedback on progress
against these ideas.
Thanks to all,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the DNSfirewalls