[DNSfirewalls] rpz firewall + whitelisting

Vadim Pavlov pvm_job at mail.ru
Tue Aug 27 16:07:38 UTC 2019

For RPZ I would recommend a different order based on how bind9 handles it (performance optimization and protection against DNS tunneling/exfiltration)

1. Local whitelist, domains only;
2. Local blacklist, domains only;
3. RPZ feeds, domains only;
4. RPZ feeds, with mixed rules (domains and IPs);
5. Local blacklist, IP and NS based rules only;
6. RPZ feeds with IP and NS based rules only.

Paul, do you know any chance that ISC is going to publish documentation how to use RPS?

Vadim