[DNSfirewalls] A non RPZ DNS firewall question

Brian Dickson brian.peter.dickson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 02:57:41 UTC 2022

You may want to investigate using dnsdist and some of the capabilities it
has.

I'd suggest using something like "refused".
(Definitely not "servfail" as that will make the client retry repeatedly,
making things worse.)
You could also simply drop the queries silently, I think, as long as you're
fairly sure the sender is who they say they are.
(If you are in doubt, this is the poster child for using DNS cookies.)

Brian