[dnstap] decoding error with DNSTAP

Joseph Gersch Joe.Gersch at Secure64.com
Tue Feb 24 00:08:24 UTC 2015

Hello,
   I am trying to get dnstap with unbound 1.5.2 working on the latest release of ubuntu.  I finally got to the point where dnstap runs and unbound writes to the socket at /tmp/dnstap.sock.  Yay.  But… I get the following error:  dnstap.NewFrameStreamInput() failed: decoding error.

Maybe I crossed the streams on various versions of protobuf.c, and all the other components.  If you can give me a hint as to how to proceed I would appreciate it.  In the meantime, I think I will start with a clean VM and start all over again.

Best regards,

- Joe Gersch