[dnstap] creating infromational RFC

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Wed Jun 7 18:53:23 UTC 2017

Hi all.

At the DNS-OARC meeting in Madrid a few weeks ago there was a BoF to discuss next steps and overall user and developer cohesivess regarding dnstap.
I asked everyone to join the list so that this list could be used for all discussions.

It was decided that we should write an Informational RFC to document current dnstap capabilities and I offered to shepherd the editing of this document.  If you are interested in being a co-author, please send me a note (or reply to this list).  I spoke with Matt Poundsett at NANOG 2 days ago and he kindly sent me info on markdown so I wouldn’t have to revert to ‘vi’ and hand-edit html (yes, I used to edit some rfcs that way) and has offered to create the initial template.  THANK YOU!!

The -00 draft submission cutoff is July 3, 2017 so there is a time component associated with this.  I hope to get the co-authors sorted by end of this week and get some work started early next week.

Thanks all.

- merike