[dnstap] read log files using dnstap in unbound dns

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Mon Apr 20 23:30:23 UTC 2020

I'm really sorry to say "use another tool", but I guess that's one option.

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020, Dhanasekar wrote:
> # dnstap -u /tmp/dnstap.sock -w /tmp/dnstap.out

To confirm: that's the tool here -->
https://github.com/dnstap/golang-dnstap/tree/master/dnstap

Correct? No?

I can get hackerish and give you options for reading from that socket
/tmp/dnstap.sock to make sure it's actually spitting out data (have you
confirmed that? how?).

> [...]
> i need help to read the log files of unbound dns server /var/log/messages
> using dnstap tool , any links could be helpful

I don't understand the reference to /var/log/messages, can you explain?

I would offer you dnstap2json.py from
https://github.com/m3047/shodohflo/tree/master/examples

At least I have a README.md

--