[ratelimits] exempt-clients and ACLs

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Aug 6 14:14:00 UTC 2012

Vernon Schryver <vjs at rhyolite.com> wrote:

> It seems to work for me.  It uses the same mechanism that is used
> by other cases where ACLs can be used including view{} statements.
> Did you remember to following this restriction in the ARM:

I don't actually have any acl statements in my configuration. I was
expecting the built-in localhost acl to work. This seems to require an
acl environment to work, and the call to dns_acl_match in rrl.c doesn't
provide one.

> Did you install the new version of named-checkconf?

$ strings $(type -p named-checkconf) | grep vjs
9.9.1-vjs197.15-P2

Tony.
Rockall: Cyclonic, mainly easterly 3 or 4, occasionally 5 at first. Slight,
occasionally moderate at first. Showers. Moderate or good.