[ratelimits] Whitelist ratelimit

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Dec 6 00:26:55 UTC 2012

Yo Ratelimits!

Newbie here.  I read the last two month archives, but still not
finding the answer to my question.

I just found the ratelimit patches this AM and it helped me stop a 90Mbps
DoS in its tracks.  Thanks for that.  I can hardly wait until the
patch is in the bind tarball.

My problem is that a local SpammAssasin instance is also generating
a lot of DNS qps and sometimes gets limited.  I know that the SLIP
will kick the valid requests to TCP, but is there a simple way
to just whitelist some local IPs?

On the flip side, I am seeing a few frequent victim IPs in the
DNS requests.  They come and go freqeuently so I get a bit of
window-shading.  Anyway to blacklist a range to do the SLIP thing?

In any case, thanks again, saved me big time already.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588