[ratelimits] How to validate the use of RRL?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Nov 7 07:35:34 UTC 2012

Hi there,

> Thus run "rndc reload", works fine.

Note that rndc reload might not be a strong enough kick in the pants to cause named to read the rrl config.

(I haven't actually read the source. I don't know that this is part of your situation. But it's true I think that rndc reload or reconfig does not always get you where you want to be.)

If you want to eliminate this variable, restart the named process rather than using rndc. Big shoe kick, not sandal kick.

Joe

Aue Te Ariki! He toki ki roto taku mahuna!