[ratelimits] Limiting queries

Matthäus Wander matthaeus.wander at uni-due.de
Wed Oct 24 22:18:13 UTC 2012

* Job [2012-10-24 23:35]:
> Hello, i am using Ratelimit patch 9.9.2.
> I have lots of flood resolving ripe.net.

The RRL patch is meant to be used for authoritative servers. It is not
recommended for recursive name servers (please correct me if I'm wrong).

You should restrict recursion to your internal IP address ranges, e.g.
in your options section: allow-recursion { 10.0.0.0/8; 192.0.2.0/24; }

If the source of the flood is from your internal network, use your
internal abuse handling policy (warn user, pull cable, ...).

Regards,
Matt

--
Universität Duisburg-Essen