[ratelimits] rate limiting recursive server

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Apr 16 21:25:23 UTC 2013

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I can't find it in my archives. (Haven't been on the list that long.)

We have a recursive server we need to leave open for diagnostic purposes. It is running BIND. Is there a way to limit it to a few qps so it cannot be used (effectively) as an amplifier?

Obviously RRL is not designed for recursive servers, although I've heard of a few people putting it on them. I'm not even sure it would do what they think it would do. Hence the question here.

--
TTFN,
patrick