[ratelimits] can't make qps-scale change effective slip

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Mon Jan 7 14:32:09 UTC 2013

It would make sense to me to optionally be able to set the maximum slip
rate in terms of slips per second, or seconds per slip, since that is what
you would end up with.  That would be easier than working through
calculations to decide what rate I would get.

On a related note, can I set responses per second to less than 1 per
second?   I see an ongoing attacker sending one packet every 3 seconds (for
isc.org any), and given enough open resolvers, they could be conducting an
attack under the radar.

I am preparing to deploy rrl in logging only mode tomorrow to gather data
before I go live with it.

--
Bob Harold
University of Michigan