[ratelimits] rate limiting recursive server

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Fri May 10 17:26:14 UTC 2013

While I agree that request limiting should be done ahead of the DNS server
if possible, in the particular case where one wants to limit the rate at
which a given client can cause the DNS server to do recursion, which is
only decided after the local cache is checked, it cannot be done outside of
the DNS server.  I am not sure if I would use that particular limit, but
someone might.

--
Bob Harold
hostmaster, UMnet, ITcom