[dnstap] decoding error with DNSTAP

Robert Edmonds edmonds at mycre.ws
Fri Feb 27 21:44:44 UTC 2015

Joseph Gersch wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
>    Thank you for this very thorough response.  As I mentioned, I built a separate VM and followed the NANOG-60 instructions with unbound 1.4 and got everything working there.  I’m very excited about this capability and have been playing with python programs to interpret and munge the data.
>
>   I will try your suggestions below and let you know my results.

No problem, and sorry again that the docs are out of date.

One thing to be aware of with the "NANOG 60 edition" artifacts from:

    https://dl.farsightsecurity.com/dist/presentations/nanog60/

is that there was a critical bug that was later fixed in Unbound 1.5.x;
attached is the isolated patch for just that issue that was merged into
the Unbound mainline, if you want to cherry-pick the fix.

>   Thanks for your help, I hope to meet you in person someday.

I'm almost positive that we met briefly at the OARC 2010 Denver workshop :-)

Are you by any chance going to make it to the upcoming Amsterdam
meeting?

--
Robert Edmonds