[dnstap] dnstap status

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Tue May 28 12:12:43 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 3/29/19 5:13 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> i heard folks talking about dnstap as abandonware, during ietf prague,
> and planning a rescue.
>
> allow me to clarify. dnstap is open source software, effectively owned
> by those who use it, who integrate it, who enhance it, and who submit
> bug reports to it.
>
> farsight funded the initial development, and we act as reviewers for
> pull requests, but more volunteers for that would be welcomed.
>
> if you think dnstap needs something-- say so on this mailing list, get a
> discussion going.
>
> if you know people who use or could or might use or integrate dnstap,
> who are not on this mailing list, please invite them.

I created an issue ~6 weeks ago on GitHub to add more information to the
README... no comment or anything since then.

  https://github.com/dnstap/dnstap.pb/pull/6

If you/Farsight want folks to feel that this is not a dead project then
the people responsible for maintaining the repository needs to be a bit
more active.

I am happy to volunteer to be added as maintainer for the repositories
and/or GitHub organization if you need help.

Cheers,
Jerry