[ratelimits] I-D-ing rate limiting?

Patrik Wallström pawal at blipp.com
Thu Apr 18 09:33:42 UTC 2013

On Apr 16, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 2013-04-16, at 15:44, Geert Jan de Groot <GeertJan.deGroot at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> I think perhaps the time is right to make an Internet Draft
>> about RRL?
>>
>> I'd like to be able to point to an official document at some point
>> in the future.
>
> I think it's too early for that. It feels like most of the operational experience we have is anecdotal, and we have (to date) three separate implementations which all differ slightly.
>
> My opinion is that we need more time before we bake the spec in concrete.

Isn't it a good idea then to document the three different implementations and their differences, and then gather a set of requirements on DNS RRL?

As I currently perform a lot of different measurements on DNS, there won't be long until I will discover a lot of problems in my results due to RRL. So on the list of requirements I would like to add a new rcode...