[ratelimits] rrl mention in an nlnetlabs tech report

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Aug 26 09:06:48 UTC 2013

Hi Marek,

On 08/26/2013 10:50 AM, Marek Vavruša wrote:
> On 26 August 2013 09:52, Matthijs Mekking <matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
> <mailto:matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 08/23/2013 10:13 AM, Yasuhiro Orange Morishita wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I've found a presentation slides made by the author.  Thanks for
>     google.
>     > <http://rp.delaat.net/2012-2013/p92/presentation.pdf>
>
>     This presentation is not about the RRL measurements. This is a small
>     research done by on of our other interns, and is about using Visual
>     Analytics to discover DNS abuse.
>

> This piqued my interest, is there any research in progress about flow
> identification in real time?

I do not know of any such research.

As I have understood, it is quite hard to do Visual Analytics real time.
That is because you need to convert a bunch of data and that takes some
processing. But near real time could be achieved.

Also, the interactive search tools and machines don't scale well with
respect to the size of the data set, at least the ones used in this
research.

Best regards,
  Matthijs