[ratelimits] new RRL patch includes RPZ patches

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Tue Jan 8 14:56:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

+--On 8 janvier 2013 09:29:49 +0400 Logan <logan at afrinic.net> wrote:
| Hi erwin, we use freebsd here, and we would really like to see a knob in
| the makefile, even if it's not shipped with the official release yet. It
| would makes things cleaner.

As Erwin said, he added the RRL patch to the bind98 and bind99 ports, which
I'm so grateful he did, I won't have to think about it again when upgrading
:-)

On the topic at hand though, I don't use RPZ, mainly because I did not know
about, and I now that I do, I know I won't need it.
I understand that it may be a pain to maintain separate patches, but if the
RPZ patch changes the stock RPZ functionnality, people using the stock RPZ
and needing the RRL patch would be at loss.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Arnold